Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Celebrating Black Love


Source: Black Love Poster

Today's post is going to be a little more lightheaded than yesterday's post.

I am a hopeless romantic. I love all things mushy and lovey dovey. I am a strong proponent of positivity and I think all love is beautiful. However, as a proud Black woman, I think Black Love is the best love. Sadly, there are many people that do not share the same sentiment, including other Black people, and consequently, Black love is under constant scrutiny and attack. So, I do whatever I can to show other people that Black Love is alive and well. Luckily, there are people that share the same mission. One of them is Leila Noelliste. In addition to having an awesome natural hair blog, Black Girl Long Hair, she also has a Tumblr, Black Love Poster that showcases pictures of Black women and the people that love them. Readers, if you are one half of a couple that contains a Black woman, I urge you to send pictures to this site and tell all of your friends about it. We need to show people that Black Love is alive and well.

Check out Black Love Poster HERE and check out BGLH, HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment